Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Granny and Pappy's - Ladson, SC

This is the latest restaurant to occupy the cursed end unit of a local strip mall.  There have been at least five restaurants our cafes in this spot on the last five years and every one has disappears within a few months of opening.  They tended to be family affairs that clearly lacked professional management.  My first impression is that this place may be in the same boat.

Some of the prior restaurants had good food, but they couldn't overcome amateur mistakes.  A few things I've noted so far: too many tables too close together, unprofessional menus made out of page protector sheets, slow moving service, tape covered bathroom signs, a half empty soda cooler and the same basic decor from the last couple restaurants (at least the last one I went to.)
.
We'll see....now about the food:

I had the Bacon Cheeseburger.  It was good, though the bun was a little burnt.  I'd give it a 3.00

The fried chicken, well, if your a local, saying I can't be sure if it's better than Jestine's tells you everything.  It was perfectly cooked and juicy with a thick, crispy and delicious crust.  4.50

I hope the chicken is enough to overcome the location - I know we'll be back for it!
Granny and Pappy's Country Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment