Sunday, February 26, 2012

Waffle House - North Charleston, SC

Scattered, Smothered and Covered - that's the way Hootie and the Blowfish liked em.  I used to prefer scattered and covered.  I would get a triple so the hash browns had more crispy bits - I would eat them and leave the insides behind.  Then I heard the lady yell, "Well Scattered!"  So I asked what that meant.  She said that meant spread more on the grill, so you get more crispy bits.  Hallelujah!  That's my new style.

I don't know how they get the orders right here.  We ordered every possible combination amongst the three of us, and she just yelled a bunch of incomprehensible crap at the cook, who put little bits of food on a bunch of plates, then, very few minutes later, we got everything we ordered.  Wicked hot, fresh and delicious.

Our order was so complicated that I'm not even going to try to remember what dish combinations we got.  I'm just going to list the individual foods and give them a score, then put in some pictures and call it good.  The food was awesome, service excellent.  This place is the best place to go for a simple, cheap, fast, great breakfast.  Even the tomatoes were super fresh.  My buddy who is compulsive about ice cold milk was ecstatic when the server got it perfect!

Here we go...

Omelet with Cheese: 4.5
Scattered and Covered Hash Browns: 4.5
Scattered with Cheese, Onions and Pappers: 4.0
Scattered with Country Gravy: 4.0
Eggs Over Medium: 3.25
Bacon: 3.5
Waffle: 4.0
Grits: 3.75







Waffle House on Urbanspoon









www.wafflehouse.com

No comments:

Post a Comment