Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Panarello's Ludlow, VT

LOVE the instant food.  You sit down (and they let you in even if you've had a hard weekend and you're kinda grungy and wearing jeans and a farm T-shirt).  Anyway, as I was saying, you sit down and after you've settled in with your menu instantly oils and olives and bread appear!  Yum.  This is an added blessing when you are starving because you've been working all weekend.

WE went to eat there on Friday night.  There was a Wedding Rehearsal Dinner going on upstairs, which was entertaining to listen too, but did slow down our service and took the attention of our waiter from our table.  But the food was wonderful, as it was a few years ago when we stopped (that year, we had the BEST service I have ever had at a restaurant and I was a waitress for many years: I know what it is to be an awesome waitstaff...and she was IT).  Again, anyway, Friday night we ate:

FLAT Iron Steak (medium rare) with blue cheese butter and polenta on the side.  I gave it 3 1/2 to 4.  (though I never did get a steak knife and never had the chance to ask for one).
Paul had the short ribs, which he gave a 4 and I agree.  Delicious.

WE skipped dessert for getting on the road again.  We enjoyed ourselves.  The food was great and with our check came a bowlful of Walnuts in the shell and a nutcracker...yum.  There is certainly not a limit to food coming to the table at Panarello's!  I like that!  We give the place a 4 1/2 overall.  We would like to eat there again when the waitstaff attention is on us...not a party upstairs, but that is my only complaint.

Panarello's on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment