Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Sherman's Deli and Bakery - Palm Springs, CA

The group stopped in here for some breakfast and a little entertaining attitude.  The food was awesome, the service fast and the portions ginormous!  Everything, even the most normal of breakfast foods, tasted a little unique, in a good way.


This was the special - Pancakes, Eggs and Bacon for a GREAT price.  Jupe seemed to enjoy it, but I didn't get a score from him - bad blogger!  I assume based on his silence while chowing down that it was at least a 4.0.
Kari and Sarah had the Matzo Brei, which the server (and maybe owner) made sure to explain was scrambled eggs with Matzo in it that is extremely filling.  He also explained that most people had trouble finishing their plate.  Kari and Sarah did not heed the advice and share their plate.  They thought it was good, but could have been less Matzo Brei and thus have a side dish.  Score it a 3.0
Eric and I both had the homemade Corn Beef Hash.  He had scrambled, I had over-medium.  I also had a Bagel with the best cream cheese I've had in like forever!  My eggs were perfectly cooked and the hash was distinctly flavored, meaty tasting and awesome.  I give it a 4.75.  I think Eric agrees.

I really liked this place and thought it had a great atmosphere with unique art and famous artist photos on the wall.  The coffee was quite good.  It's only a few blocks from the Marilyn statue - so check them both out.

Sherman's Deli & Bakery on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment