Monday, August 29, 2011

Tea Trekker Northampton, MA

K and I went to a Master Tea class at Tea Trekker which can be found in Cooks Shop Here in Northampton, MA.  The class was on Pu-erh tea!

The class was presented by Mary Lou Heiss and Robert Heiss.  They were both extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and welcoming.  I must admit, I was a bit worried that we would encounter the 'tea snob' mentality and I wouldn't feel like I belonged in a Master Tea Class.  Gratefully, I was wrong!  Everyone was welcomed...even me!

The handouts were beautiful.  The power points wonderful!  The first part of class gave an overview of pu-erh teas: the region, the tree groves, the history, and the different types of pu-erh.  There was some wonderful history of the travels on the Tea Horse Road, the treacherous journey Pu-erh had to make for trade.  Wow!  Just that history there is amazing and unbelievable!  Fascinating!!

The second part of class was a tasting of the different types of Pu-erh teas.  That was enjoyable and fun!!  I learned a lot!!  And, of course, had to buy some tea...oh, and some tea paraphernalia.

I would go back to more classes!  Most definitely.  If you have a chance and even remotely like tea...GO!  I believe that Thursday, September 8th the new tea class series begins with an overview of all six classes of tea.  If you want to learn more about tea, sign up and go!!

www.teatrekker.com

No comments:

Post a Comment