Thursday, August 11, 2011

Two Brothers Tavern, Middlebury, VT

We actually wandered in here for a light snack and a drink yet were so intrigued by the menu that we ended up getting a full meal.  The bar was packed but the restaurant was empty so we sat down for a meal. Our waitress was Tracy and she was attentive and friendly, even checking on how satisfied we were with our beers before we even had food!

We started with polenta fries which were big, crunchy and rich.  The sauce was good, a little spicy (in a good way.)  We rated them a 4.

Kari had a steak salad with Medium Rare Steak and a Maple Balsamic dressing.  The steak was perfect and would have made a good entree in and of itself.  The dressing was delicious, the maple sweetness perfectly complimenting the balsamic vinegar.  We also gave this a 4.

I had the Beef and Potato Pie.  This brought me back to England all over again.  It was rich, meaty and herby with a great gravy.  The crust was flaky and tender.  The only issue I had with it was that it was served with plain rice which was pretty bland.  I assume that's traditional.  I'm not holding it against them, I couldn't have eaten much of the rice even if it was superb.  I was too full from the awesome pie.  I give this a 4.5.

http://www.twobrotherstavern.com/

For beer I had a Stoudts Heifer in Wheat.  A delicious and obviously fresh Hefeweizen.  I rated it 4.5.

http://www.stoudtsbeer.com/brewery_styles-seasonals.html#

Kari had the Otter Creek Anniversary.  She had had it before and rated it a 4.

Good service, good atmosphere, we'll be back!

Two Brothers Tavern on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment