Friday, September 9, 2011

Husk Bar - Charleston, SC

Stopped in for a drink after dinner.  Megan and Lindsay were woking the bar in their usual friendly and efficient manner.  Our extended vacations have kept us away from here for too long, so two trips in two days seemed warranted.

You know you're in a good place when the foodies start showing up.  Yesterday was Scott Sheridan from Stone Brewing, today was Eric Doksa from the Charleston City Paper.  He does food reviews and gave us some great ideas of places to visit when we get back from Alaska.  BTW, the City Paper is invaluable if you love food and fun in Chucktown.  Pick it up, it's everywhere, and it's free!

Anyway, I tried the Bourbon of the Day (It's Bourbon Heritage Month after all.)  The Bourbon was Vintage Bourbon.  I've heard it described as a less expensive version of Pappy Van Winkle's 20 year, but I won't try to get all descriptive on this.  I don't know Bourbon like Megan the Bourbon God, so I'll just say it was really good.

Kari had the Moscow Mule, which she really enjoyed, but I unfortunately paid no attention to since I was busy jabber-jawing with Megan, Lindsay and Eric.

Another great night at Husk Bar!  Thanks again Megan and Lindsay!

No comments:

Post a Comment